Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Preparing for sleep deprivation

Hubby and I have signed up, yet again, for Boot Camp. This is a 3 day a week, 6-week torture, um exercise program that is offered at our gym. We've done this class 3 other times, and it starts at 5:15 AM. Yes, 5:15AM for the non-morning person (that would be me). It's a great class - we run, do sprints, plyometrics, lift weights, do countless squats and push ups. You get the idea! I enjoy the workout, but I'm always glad when it's over. I will admit, as much as I loathe the early time, it's great to be done with a workout before I go to work.

The class starts on Monday, so I really need to prepare for my early 4:45 AM wake-up calls. For the past few weeks, I've had a hard time dragging myself out of bed at 7. Oy. Not sure what my deal is. Our dogs have had no problem waking up lately... they have been up and crying to go out by 5:30. Maybe they know our class starts next week!

5 comments:

suburban prep said...

I give you a lot of credit for doing this class. I don't think I could do it. I go to the gym and workout in the middle of the day, even that is a chore sometimes.
Good Luck.

RED said...

Actually, that sounds pretty awesome. I'm sure the early AM part is crappy and the actual workouts, but I bet you 'feel' the changes after 6 weeks! I'm one part jealous of you and that boot camp idea and one part thankful my gym doesn't offer it because I would probably participate and regret it 3X a week. Good luck and have fun! There's gotta be some great comradere at 5.15 am!!

Libby said...

Wow, I'm seriously impressed by Boot Camp! And it's great that the dogs are up to cheer you on-- ours is a pokey puppy in the morning, most days we have to roll him out of bed!

Susan D said...

It really is a great group with tons of support and camraderie. If you are late or a no-show to class, then everyone else has extra drills. So, we all rely on each other.. not to be late! : ) If you see one offered at your gym, try it - it is a lot of fun & your evening is left open, which is nice!

STL Sarah said...

I did a 6am spinning class for about 2 weeks and just couldn't handle it anymore. You've got some willpower, that's for sure!