Saturday, January 06, 2007

New kind of purchase

Guess what I bought yesterday? Well, yes, I did order new address labels by Boatman Geller with a cute green damask pattern. But, what I am taking about is buying pre-natal vitamins. Ack, I still really can't believe that I bought them. No, I'm not pregnant and we don't have a set timetable, but we have been taking about trying to have a baby at some point this year. So, I was at Target and they were on sale, so what the heck! I'm about halfway through my regular multi-vitamins, so when those are done, I'll start on the pre-natals.

Still scares the crap out of me... we are old enough and secure enough, but I guess it's the fear of the unknown. I'm very much a planner, so I want to control as much as I can. I did go ahead and get tested for immunity to Rubella and CF at my last OB-GYN appt. and all is clear on those fronts.

Now, I'm back to JCrew and Swoozie's... my regular shopping haunts!

5 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

What a big step! Did your hubby freak out when you told him? Like you said, it is the fear of the unknown. Word of caution on the pre-natals... prepare to be stopped up (severely) if you know what I mean!

Susan D said...

Hubby is actually all for it. He would have started yesterday if I was ready! Ugh... not looking forward to stopped up anything. Yuck! Thanks for the pre-warning!

Paige Lynn said...

I am pregnant right now and the prenatals make me so queezy. My doctor told me it's ok to pop a flintstones vitamin until I get over my morning sickness. So just in case you can't handle them -it's ok to take something a little milder! Just as long as you are taking something!

Monogram Momma said...

I took Flinstone's as well for both of my pregnancies. I had to be pulled off the Pre-natals because no matter what kind they put me on, I was constantly sick. It's the high amount of iron that your body isn't used to.

Erin said...

If you're used to taking a vitamin already, you'll probably have no problem with the pre-natals. I went from a multi-vitamin to pre-natal vitamins and I was fine. If they make you queasy in the morning, you can always take them in the afternoon, with a meal, or before bed. I still take mine and my daughter is almost 10 months old!