Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What do I want to be when I grow up?


I have been contemplating my career for the past few months. I enjoy what I do, but it doesn't always offer the flexibility or creativity that I crave. Since I was in High School, I have loved planning and organizing parties or events. When I was older and my friends became engaged, many came to me with wedding questions and I was always glad to help. Many of my past jobs did have event planning & this always was the "fun" part of my day. When I was married, I loved planning our wedding. I know that many people probably do enjoy this task, but I really felt an emptiness after the wedding, because I didn't have anything to plan or coordinate!

I recently found a Wedding Planning and Directing class. I enrolled and will begin taking classes in March. I can't wait. Not sure if this will open a new chapter in my life, or possibly some part time work - who knows? I am looking forward to this new challenge and hopefully, new opportunities.


Photo by Kellie Kano

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! I would love to do something like that! Best of luck to you - let us know how it goes.

STL Sarah said...

I could use some help right now actually!

Preppy Wedding said...

I think about it all the time too. I say go for it! I met with three wedding planners and was highly under-impressed. There's definately a market for the preppy-inspired planner!

Mrs. P said...

There is a lot of crap out there and this is something that you could start small and watch it grow. I understand that feeling after the wedding, thankfully I have 2 girls I am helping now to fill that void. Best of luck!