Thursday, January 04, 2007

Chocolate Decadence and Chicken Foot




Now that's quite a title, isn't it? I have been meaning to post these pictures from New Year's Eve. First, is the Chocolate Decadence cake from the Joy of Cooking that I made for the party we attended. This is a flourless chocolate cake that ended up being really good, if I can toot my own horn. It was actually easier than I expected. You use 16 oz. of bittersweet chocolate, butter, eggs, separated into whites & yolks, cream of tartar and sugar. Now, there is some mixing, melting and folding, but all in all a success. I, of course, forgot to take a before picture when the cake was pretty and neat. I served with Hagen Daaz vanilla bean ice cream and homemade raspberry sauce.
Next is Chicken Foot which is a dominoes game that my husband and I began playing several years ago. It is addictive and can get pretty cut-throat. Very fun... we looked up from playing and realized that it was 2:30 am and we are normally the ones who leave early!

2 comments:

Preppy Wedding said...

The cake looks great! Our new game obession - spoons. It can get pretty cut throat when the extended family plays.

Monogram Momma said...

Looks Delicious and I don't even eat chocolate cake!

There is a dice game called Left-Right-Center we recently picked up and started playing. It's LOADS of fun and super easy. Time flies so quick when you're playing it and just when you think you're out, your back in the game again!