Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
- Two 10-hour car rides.
- Two visits to Cracker Barrel and Denny's. *I swear, these places aren't on my top 10 list, but were awesome places to stop and feed the girls ... they brought us hot water for bottles and didn't care if we spilled 900 cheerios on the floor. Well, since Hubby's a good tipper, I don't think they cared.
- A 13.1 mile run for Hubby, who beat his previous time at this race.
- A 8 mile + 2.5 mile run for me. Long story ... I was supposed to run 10 miles to train for my half-marathon, but ran out of sidewalk (longer story), so I had to break it up into two runs.
- Lots of 80+ degree weather.
- Two nights away from sweet baby girls in a nice hotel, with a king bed, and fluffy pillows, without sweet baby girls, with a Starbucks in the hotel lobby. This is when I wish we had Grandparents in the same city.
- A wonderful dinner with old and new friends.
- A crazy family dinner with yummy food and lots of laughs.
- Picnic lunches, complete with bubbles for the girls by my parents. I really think this was so my Mom didn't have to continually pick up food off her floor.
- A tooth for Maddy!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
I think my personal favorite overuse of Comic Sans was one of my former coworkers who used this font as her email signature. If that doesn't scream unprofessional, then I don't know what does. I guess dress it up with some blinking pink neon and you'll be all set.
Friday, April 17, 2009
I have to wear this lovely 24/7, with the exception of baths. Wish I had time to take those long hour long bubble baths now. It basically holds everything "rigid" and "rested" so I won't continue to hurt my gentle little tendons. Oh, I must have small wrists, because the size small brace was too big, so this one was custom made. You would think I would have had a better selection of colors. I opted for black bands so they wouldn't show dirt. Nothing says "ewwww" like a sweet-potato stained hand/wrist brace.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
On my way to the park for a run this evening, I noticed the following ...
A platinum-blond driving a Jag, wearing big ol' black sunglasses, talking with her fake french-manicured hands, while sporting leopard print fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. I swear it looked just like Kim from the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Then, I was coming to a stoplight and I let a guy out in front of me. He waved and I waved back. Wish I would have made him wait after I saw his truck window decal of a nudie girl. Nice. Wonder what his wife thinks. Or his Mom. Do guys think that this will get them a date?
"Ooh, lookie there Martha ... that guy has a nudie girl on the back of his truck! Drive faster, I gotta check him out!"
Then on my way into the park, I noticed a sign stating that Registered Sex Offenders were not allowed inside the park. Well, great ... because is there a check-in for those registered sex offenders so they will politely be asked to leave? If so, I think I missed it. Just a little creepy, because unless this is just some sort of state law, I bet it means that they have had a problem in the past.
I guess you could say I might be reconsidering my city for a moment! Maybe I should take that Facebook quiz to see where I should be living.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I have days that I feel like I should be able to keep our house as clean as I would like, but in reality ... it just isn't happening.
The fact that instead of scrubbing a toilet or mopping a floor, I can use that time to love on my girls, do a little work, talk to my husband, or actually think about making something for dinner and that makes me insanely happy. There. I said it.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
It was a trip to Vermont for my work, but we were able to take families along to enjoy the weekend after our meetings were over on Friday. Since the girls are a tad too young for skiing, we decided to leave them entrusted in the care of their grandparents. All in all, it was a win-win. The girls were spoiled rotten, and the grandparents, albeit tired were able to spend uninterrupted time with their newest grand babies.
Today, I had to pick up Zeus and Zoe from their kennel and poor Zeuser broke his dew claw nail getting into my car. Ouch. Poor guy ... he wouldn't let anyone touch his paw and there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. The kennel owner tried to wrap up his paw, but Zeus was having none of that. It's no longer bleeding, so that is good. I think he is totally milking us for extra attention.
So it really is back to reality - - emails, phone calls, dogs, laundry, meetings, peas in the hair, and sweet potatoes on my shoulder. Never a dull day.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
on the longest day of the year
twin girls were born
both whom are very dear.
Maddy and Libby are their names,
Peek-a-Boo and Patty Cake are some of their favorite games.
We think they are very sweet
From the tops of their heads down to the bottom of their feet.
But they were feeling a bit naughty today