Monday, January 29, 2007

Wedding tasks... one year later

This weekend, I finally took our "guest book" from our wedding to have framed. Yes, it's been over and year and should have been done by now! Instead of a traditional guest book, we had our guests sign on a document that included a passage read at our wedding, our names and dates. It's about an 11 x 14 in size. It was nice, because this is something that we will be able to see every day & remember all the nice folks who attended our special day. I wish I had a good photo to show it, but I will include one when it's finished at the framers.

Other wedding duties included opening a set of sheets that we received as a wedding gift. I washed and dried them & made the bed. I told my hubby that they seemed really big and didn't fit like our others. Later, while in bed, I couldn't fall sleep and at the same time, wondering if leaving the ceiling fan on during the day will cause a fire, I looked over & realized that I had turned the sheet the wrong way when I made the bed. DUH. So, I got up, since I was still awake and remade the bed! Hubby didn't like the way they felt and swears that the thread count on the others that we use are higher. I noticed that he didn't have any trouble falling asleep!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We also got our guests to sign on the mat for one of our engagement pictures. Its framed in our bedroom and I love it!

suburban prep said...

That is a fabulous idea.
I had the usual book and I have to admit it is tucked in a drawer.

Preppy Wedding said...

Good to know that I'll still have something to do once the wedding is over!