Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I still can't believe that 2009 is here. 2008 flew by, especially the last six months for obvious reasons.

I would rather look toward the future, but I can't help remember that last year on New Year's Eve, Hubby and I ended up at the hospital for a little scare early in my pregnancy. Nothing was wrong, but I will say that it was the craziest place I had ever spent a New Year's Eve. Women who I think were trying to get a tax deduction would walk the halls to only be sent home. We met another woman who was there to "find out what was going on." She knew she was pregnant, but hadn't been to an OB yet. (!) Plus, I was pregnant and hungry and trying to survive on vending machine snacks.

I am really looking forward to 2009 ... it's amazing to me to think that by the end of the year, Maddy and Libby will have celebrated their 1st birthdays, be full-fledged toddlers ... eating, chatting, and walking! I am so excited for new phases, but I also want to savor each stage of their lives.

Once again, I have a new job that is fulfilling to me, plus it has so many good perks. Let's just hope that Karma is good to me this year and I can keep it. 3 layoffs in one person's career is about as much as I can handle!

I hope to spend more time with Hubby, family, and friends this year. We are lucky to have good health and happiness. Perhaps a little less sleep than before, but so worth it.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

l&d *IS* a crazy place on nye..i found out too! congratulations on a great 2008 and here's wishing to an even better 2009! :-)

Buford Betty said...

I hope 2009 is full of joy and many more blessings for you guys!

savannah redtops said...

Love your blog, so glad I found it!