Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chili Day

Just like in elementary school ... well, I wish! I can remember back in Elementary School when it was the day that they were serving Chili for the school lunch, they would also serve a cinnamon roll for dessert. Yum! I think that was about the only day that I would eat the school lunch.

I've been wanting to make chili lately, but haven't wanted to make the time to find a good recipe and let it simmer for 6+ hours. I lucked out yesterday when I went to my favorite place for when we need something good for dinner, but again have no time to cook, which is often lately. Best chicken pot pies, ever! Anyway, I found out that Saturdays are "Buy one, get one 1/2 off" soups and entrees! I bought two types of chili - regular and southwest and plan to have the regular later today.

Do you eat in plain or with toppings? I think it's great with cheese, Frito scoops, and maybe a little sour cream or jalapenos on top.

2 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

How funny, I just made chili last night! (A turkey-and-pinto-bean version that only simmers for an hour, but quite tasty.) We had it with shredded cheese, a little sour cream, and some (baked) tortilla chips. (I'm trying to be good.)

Though I did make it for my family over the holidays, and my cousins brilliantly suggested the fritos. Big hit! And I always love some good cornbread.

Jules said...

we made Chili on Sat and had it then...then had it again Sunday eve when we had some friends over. We serve it with REAL shredded sharp cheddar cheese, diced onions, sour creme...we had tortilla chips on hand but no one used those.
YUM O.