I think I may just try to strap a headlamp on when I run next week, because I really "need" one more item to carry.
For last night's run, I carried/wore ...
* My iPod, a necessity and full of songs to keep me moving.
* Hubby's "clicker" so my ADD self could keep track of how many laps I had done on the track. I'm not good at counting "one" in my head the whole lap.
* My knee strap, since my left knee has been bugging me since Saturday. Old+not running in almost 2 years=my body asking me WTF?
* Water bottle. Well, I did leave this on the bench while I ran. However, it does have a handle on it if I decided to carry it.
* Gloves and ear muff thingy. Again, a necessity when it's 40 degrees.
* Car key
* Watch / heart rate monitor combo. To keep track of my time and to keep track of calories burned, heart rate, etc.
I just laugh at myself, because you always hear how running is the best sport ever because you can just grab your shoes and go. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to keep accumulating stuff with every run.