Wednesday, January 07, 2009

teething

Could Zoe, the nearly five year old lab be teething? She has managed to destroy two new teething toys that obviously (to every one but her) belonged to someone else. Luckily, I caught her with the 3rd toy before she started chewing. Of course she picks the new toys from Christmas and not the hand me down toys!

I really need to find a way to attach the leashes to the stroller so I can walk everyone at once. I know they are in need of more exercise and attention ... we're just having a hard time giving it to them.

3 comments:

kb said...

My 1 year old lab destroys all of his chew toys. There is only one toy he hasn't destroyed--the kong.
But, chew ropes, stuffed/squeakers, balls are all chewed up in about half an hour.
Maybe you or your husband could do the stoller and the other one could do the dogs...or you could run with the dogs.

Goddess in Progress said...

Good luck. Even my miniature schnauzer is a big chew-toy destroyer. We have to get her the extra-strong nylabones so she doesn't destroy them in under a day.

Good luck with the walks, too. It's a tricky balancing act, and one of those times when I'm glad I have a small dog (having grown up with BIG ones).

helenm said...

Hi: I have a 9.5 month old lab and she has been chewing like crazy lately (maybe getting her molars in?)
My breeder gives his labs "knuckle bones", but my vet says, "NO BONES"

She can go thru a large rawhide in 30 minutes. I don't know what is safe. Any suggestions based on your experience?