Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I did it

Just had to put this out there, if nothing else but for me and my own documentation.

I signed up for a 5K running program, since it's been oh, I don't know, about 18 months since I've ran or jogged. We were supposed to start last night, but due to heavy rains we are starting on Thursday night. I'm looking forward to getting back into it ... the program is women only and you are given a personalized training program that will culminate with a 5K race in March.

Since I still thought I should get in some kind of workout, I ended up going to the gym and did the elliptical, then ran and walked on the treadmill. Not for long, but it felt good to run again. Well, it finally did when I got used to the way my hips, boobs, and other body parts jiggled and shook to the beat. Once I got used to that again, then I was fine.

I think that feeling is the worst part of running, at least for me. That feeling that your hips are swaying back and forth and may actually become a big ol' swinging pendulum of their own.

Oh well ... I did it and I'm looking forward to more. I also discovered that the Katy Perry Hot N Cold song is a good running song. A bit cheesy, but good to add to your running mixes.

2 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Wow, good for you! I'm so impressed! I'm a terrible runner. I've tried a number of different times over the years, but it just isn't the activity for me.

Jules said...

good to see you out there...it was cold, but at least we were cold together.!