Thursday, August 27, 2009

Something must be terribly wrong

I had to drive to Charlotte to set up for a trade show yesterday. On my return trip, I decided to stop at an outlet mall for "lunch." Oh, who am I kidding? I was going for the Sak's Off 5th store, but we can call it lunch.

I looked around Off 5th, Ann Taylor Loft, Gymboree, Polo Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, TJ Maxx / Home Goods, and Brooks Brothers. Couldn't find Gap and Ann Taylor ... I'm wondering if they have closed.

Guess who got lucky? Hubby! I picked up 3 of Brooks Brothers dress shirts and two polo shirts for him.

Guess who didn't get lucky? Maddy, Libby, and me.

I couldn't find anything for me that I was just dying to have and just didn't have any luck at Gymboree for the girls even though it seemed to be full of cute clothes.

I have decided that I need to be nominated for What Not To Wear. Seriously. So many of the new blousier dresses and tops look so cute, but I'm not sure if they are cute on me. I think I just need someone to shop for me and make me look good. Sigh. Any takers? You nominate me & I'll nominate you. I could easily spend $5k on a new wardrobe so as not to look like a middle aged part time stay at home mom.

4 comments:

Meg said...

If you go on WNTW, take me with you. I def. need Stacy and Clinton's help.

Melissa said...

I know what you mean! My friends and I always joke that we would wear sweats for a year just to get on the show!

Miche said...

I'll come with you. My whole previous life wardrobe is at the BB and I won't be seeing any of those sizes again anytime soon.

I'm in the process of buying a whole new wardrobe and it is painful both to my self esteem and my bank account

PreppyBumpkin said...

That is mucho sadness! Hope your next shopping detour is successful!