I was paying checks online this morning and balancing my check book. I always end up with a wad of receipts that I either tear up or throw in our recycle bin. I also had money that I had pulled out of my wallet to use to pay the woman who cleans for us.
When I was done, I was putting everything away and throwing away old receipts when I remembered that I wanted to put the money in the drawer so I could give it to her when she was done cleaning later today.
I looked around and ... no money. I went through my file folder, looked in my purse again, flipped through my calendar, under my laptop, in my pockets, on the floor, but I couldn't find it.
I was starting to get a little worried and could not find the money. Had Hubby taken it accidentally? Did the dogs eat it? Am I losing it??
For whatever reason, I thought to look in the recycle bin and there sat three crumpled twenties, all mixed in with my receipts. Glad I found it, but I am a little worried that I am losing it! Or just trying to do too many things at once.
3 comments:
i do that all the time...I try to be rush rush and do too much at one time...I throw away $, receipts I should be saving, good coupons...I once even threw out my Swatch watch (that I got on my honeymoon for just a fun casual beachy watch) b/c I was carrying around too many things at once to clean up and throw some things away...i ened upo throwing away the stuff I was trying to clean up...so I threw the watch in the trash. After hrs and hrs of searching for it hubbie said " you prob threw it out in one of your rushing moments" So I went outside to the trash and listened to all the bags and sure enough...one was ticking! LOL you know those swatches are so loud!
It's called being a mother. Just today I thought I lost my wallet. Found it.
Thank god you didn't SHRED it!! THere would have been no hope then! I threw away a $200 check that my husband and I got for our wedding a few months ago and I had to tell the person that gave it to us! Thank god it was just my cousin and she sent us another one! I was so embaressed!! Just found your blog! CAn't wait to read more. Cute pictures of your babies! Happy Mothers Day! I am hosting a giveaway on my blog right now that has some super cute monogrammed for you OR the babies!! www.gleatieanddeaner.blogspot.com
Post a Comment