I'm assuming that's what Bruegger's calls their bagel makers ala the style of Subway. I woke up late today, so instead of making breakfast at home, I stopped by Bruegger's near our house to pick up a quick bite. I opted for a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter, plus a Naked juice, and a bottle of water.
All was fine until I opened up the bag at my desk and I think the lady put about 1/2 a jar of peanut butter on the bagel, plus the bagel was still warm resulting in a big sloppy mess. I hope that I was able to get the PB out of my hair, but I'm sure the smell will remain all day. Hopefully, my fellow co-workers will think it's my new perfume.
So, nice Bruegger's employee, I appreciate your willingness to load up my bagel, but the next time, ease up a little. There are some times when I appreciate a heavy pour - red wine, soft serve ice cream, chocolate sauce, but on this occasion let's just say, "less is more."
3 comments:
That's my one beef with Bruegger's. I love, love, love them, but they put an entire tub's worth of cream cheese on my bagel. I love cream cheese and all, but I don't want to eat my weight in it.
I always have to remind my local bagel shop guy (homemade that morning - SO GOOD) that I would like "just a little" cream cheese. Of course it always is more than I would ever use but it is better than two inches worth of the stuff!
It's been years since I've been to a Bruegger's (undergrad at NU, I think) but I remember them globbing on the cream cheese/toppings.
Still, a bagel with lox and cream cheese sounds so yummy. Ah well, at least I'll be having the low carb version ... ie... lox and cream cheese on a plate as soon as this baby comes out! Bring on the nitrates, I say!
Post a Comment