I love hydrangeas. I used them in our wedding and thought they were perfect.
When we looked at our house, I will admit that I was so excited to see 4 different hydrangea bushes around the yard. I would still love to plant more, along with more peony bushes, and daffodils.
We didn't cut them back last year like you are supposed to, so they are probably a bit overgrown in "proper" hydrangea standards, but does it really matter when you look out and see their beautiful blooms?
These particular bushes have changed colors since we've lived here. I really remembering them being a greenish shade, then they moved to white, and now part of the bush is blue. It's really amazing and the color is supposedly based on the soil acidity.
I wish they would bloom all year round, but I guess I wouldn't appreciate them as much if they did.
4 comments:
Gorgeous! I love them too. We only have 1 bush and I am thinking of adding to that!!
Gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your peonies too!!
one of the hydrangeas we have is 6' tall by 5' wide...in a huge pot buried in the ground. it's at least 90 years old (it's in a picture we have from 1920).
my bridesmaids' bouquets were huge hydrangeas in a bunch with willow branches.
what i'm trying to say is... ME TOO!!
We have a few bushes of them and I LOVE them. Andy calls them Old Lady Plants. LOL I cut 20 of them off yeterday and put them in a vase for OG's bday party. They look great. Ours are mostly purple'ish and pink.
Post a Comment