I think I may just try to strap a headlamp on when I run next week, because I really "need" one more item to carry.
For last night's run, I carried/wore ...
* My iPod, a necessity and full of songs to keep me moving.
* Hubby's "clicker" so my ADD self could keep track of how many laps I had done on the track. I'm not good at counting "one" in my head the whole lap.
* My knee strap, since my left knee has been bugging me since Saturday. Old+not running in almost 2 years=my body asking me WTF?
* Water bottle. Well, I did leave this on the bench while I ran. However, it does have a handle on it if I decided to carry it.
* Gloves and ear muff thingy. Again, a necessity when it's 40 degrees.
* Car key
* Watch / heart rate monitor combo. To keep track of my time and to keep track of calories burned, heart rate, etc.
I just laugh at myself, because you always hear how running is the best sport ever because you can just grab your shoes and go. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to keep accumulating stuff with every run.
4 comments:
girl, I hear ya! I am the same way. LOL
were you at GDS? I skipped b/c of the cold...and a sick hubbie.
I have learned to put my car remote into the little pocket on my hand held water bottle and I run with that bottle so it does not get lost.
Cool idea on the clicker...I need one of those. But honestly, I am TRACKED OUT! it sux out there.
This is me when I run. Last year at target they had these fancy shirts with pockets on the sleeves perfect for Ipod's etc. Then I had more room to carry stuff in my hands.
I was there ... I'm with you on the track. I get a little bored. I also ran the track at the Y and I think that is even worse, since you are indoors. Oh well ... I'm hoping for Spring soon! Hope your hubby is feeling better!
This made me laugh. I know I must look like such a dork will all of my keys, Ipod, ID, and gloves. That's why I try to run when there aren't many people around. I thought I was so smart figuring out how to stick my keys in the strap of my sports bra to hold them out of sight while I run. The only problem is that I have to go fishing for them after, and THAT is quite a sight. I'm sure you didn't look as bad as you think.
Post a Comment