The following resume was recently received by our creative director for a designer position that he is trying to fill.
I have changed any identifying information, but the rest is real. We we torn between actually calling the guy and giving him advice on how to write a resume or just rolling on the floor in fits of laughter. We chose the latter.
Bobby
bobby@xyz.com
Home 555- 555- 5555
1234 Green Lee Ct
Greenville, NC 27777
Adobe, Microsoft Office software
Art ins,Online,WOL
I went to school at the Art Institute Online, and Lakewood Online
Concept Development A-
Computer Literacy A+
Digital Image Manipulation D
Fundamentals Of Design D
Introduction of Graphic Design
Career Development
College English 1
Graphic Designs
4 comments:
Please, please, please tell me you are joking. I've seen some bad resumes before but this one takes the cake.
I promise this was real... it was sent through an online submission. The bad thing is that he has it also posted on an online job board as well. Poor guy - I don't think I've ever seen anyone list individual grades, but then to list that you made D's!?! In graphic design and that is the position to which you've applied!?
I know my resume needs some work, but I know it doesn't even compare to this one.
He is very competent online apparantly, how important is it to have fundamentals of design for a desinger position anyway!!
:)
Post a Comment