Tuesday, September 04, 2012

September

So, we are only 4 days into September and already I have witnessed the following Facebook status updates/ads/notices of fall:

1. Pumpkins are available at the local grocery store!
2. Bought by first pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks!
3. An ad popped up showing tall wedge boots that had me on Zappos to see if I can finally find a pair I love this year.
4. Target is making room for their Halloween merchandise!

I am ready. I love fall.

I want to wear my most favorite Gap blue jean jacket, wrap a scarf around my neck, watch the leaves turn shades of gold, and sip a mug of hot coffee (sorry, pumpkin spice lattes doesn't do it for me), however, I will take that pumpkin chocolate chip muffin/bread/scone/cake, please.

I want to decorate glass containers with mini pumpkins and gourds.

I want to drink red wine with friends on a patio with a fire pit blazing. Oh, who am I kidding. I want to drink red wine with friends on a patio pretty much any season, but it's even more perfect in the fall.

I want to snooze on the sofa with a book while football blares in the background.

I want to make a big pot of chili with a side of fritos, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.

I want to eat grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.

I want to have a real reason to buy bags of miniature-sized candy.

I want to run in long sleeve shirts.

However, our pool is still open for a few more weekends, my shoulders are still tan, my daughters are still wearing sundresses, I really don't want to put away my white jeans and Bonannos, plus it's still 80+ degrees with 80%+ humidity.

So what's a girl to do?

4 comments:

suburban prep said...

I like Fall too.
It has been so warm this summer. Well warm isn't the work HOT and HUMID are more what it has been in my area and we have had a drought like most of the US it seems.
I love September (OK I might be a bit prejudice because my birthday is in September).
My husband has already had two of the pumpkin drinks that Caribou Coffee offers and he loves them both.
I would love a nice pair of boots too.
The only thing about fall that doesn't really agree with me -- my allergies are more pronounced.
I can wear the sweaters I knit which would be nice too. I love the college football season too.

Kelly said...

If I wasn't ready for fall, I am now!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, it was over 90 here today and I made beef stew for dinner and bought pumpkin beer. I couldn't help myself :)

Miche said...

Embrace fall already ok?!?

I jumped in head first. I'm wearing pants, boots, and a short sleeve sweater today.

It is fall despite the temperatures and I will embrace it :)