Friday, August 31, 2012

Question ...

I'm sure that most of you have seen those magnets on cars with various numbers: 13.1, 26.2, 70.3, 140.6



No, they aren't bible verses, they are distances.

Half marathon = 13.1 miles, marathon = 26.2 miles, half IronMan = 70.3 miles, IronMan = 140.6 miles

And, yes, we will tell you that the .2 matters.

Last night while on a run, one of my running buddies mentioned that she had placed her 26.2 magnet on her car and her husband was giving her a hard time about it.

We haven't actually completed the 26.2 yet.

She said it doesn't matter, that she's training for it.

So, what are your thoughts on the matter? Is it ok? Bad luck? Does it need an extra "in training" magnet to go with it?

Would you 26.2 before you 26.2'd?


5 comments:

LauraC said...

I don't think you can put it on your car until you have experienced it!

I ran the LA Marathon on my 24th birthday and it is one of the proudest days of my life. Also, one of the stupidest days. And that 0.2 was the hardest 0.2 I have ever run. I cried when I crossed the finish line, bc I knew the only reason I could cross it was because I spent 6 months of my life getting there.

So no.... I don't think you can put it on your car when you're training.

PS. I will never run another until my kids are out of the house. Too much time (along with two jobs and a traveling husband!)

Miche said...

Too early!

I need a 13.1 magnet though :)

Sarah said...

I would wait! It's a badge of honor that you have to earn. I ditto Laura - running the Chicago Marathon is in my top 5 life experiences; maybe even top 3.

It will be worth the wait - it's something no one can ever take away from you!!

Susan D. said...

I agree - Hubby gave me a 26.2 magnet for Christmas as motivation, but it is no where near my car. I would be afraid of bad running juju.

Laura C., yes, starting a new job, training for a marathon at the same time, & transitioning kids to daycare was probably not my wisest decision! It's like another job in and of itself!

So ... if we get crazy and decide to do a Ragnar relay, are you ladies in!?!

Jules said...

I agree...Badge of Honor...WAIT! maybe make one that says "training for 26.2". LOL