Thursday, July 26, 2012

Transition

After four years, I will be changing to the role of Working Mom. It's really hard for me to believe that four years ago, I had all intentions to stay at work full time, but when I was laid off after M&L were born, I somehow just sailed into the role of stay at home Mom/somewhat freelance marketing person/Junior League President and made it work.

I'm excited and a little nervous. I'm also a little sad, because it also means that my babies are growing up and don't NEED me as much. They have happily pranced into their new daycare this week and not looked back. We have been working on an ease-in schedule, but when I stopped by at 3PM yesterday, they asked to stay. So much for not throwing them into a new school, but I'm sure if we had done it that way, my plan would have backfired.

So, starting Monday, I will be commuting 30+ minutes, starting work at an amazing company in a big marketing department, and hopefully getting back in the groove of full-time, office politics, commuting, etc.

When I had made the decision to return to work, I had an idea of where I thought I would end up and this was probably the furthest from my mind, but I am excited for the challenge and the opportunity. I went on interviews with 6 companies, received two offers, three polite no's, and one that deserves a blog post.

Here's to my last few couple of days of sipping coffee and checking blogs!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Please post about that ONE. I'd love to read the comments section..

Here's to 5am runs!

Miche said...

And we are going to be so glad to have you :)

Heather said...

Good luck! I'm a working mom too with a similar commute. Some days are better than others. :) Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! So glad you have found a good childcare situation that will work well for your family. You have to feel good about that!

Kelly said...

I've been meaning to tell you I saw the girls at the Children's Museum on Tuesday.... started looking for you, then I saw E's son and realized they had started their new school. Looked like they were having lots of fun!

Jules said...

Let me guess on the blog post worthy one....the one I sent you too? haaa

Jules said...

*to