Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another reason

That I can tell marathon training has commenced ... I am STARVING.

We aren't even doing any major miles yet. My run this morning was only 3 miles, but I feel like I could have eaten all day.

I tried out overnight oats that had intrigued me. You can google "overnight oats" or "overnight oats in a jar" and find several recipes. I'm on the fence about them and not happy considering that I paid $9! for a bag of chia seeds at Whole Foods. I'll give them another try, and I think I will add some crunchy granola on top to balance out the mushy texture.

I went to the grocery and loaded up on healthy items like greek yogurt, almond milk, fresh fruit, miniature ice cream sandwiches, english muffins, granola, black bean burgers, etc. Hoping that if I am stocked full of healthier/filling foods, then I won't run 3 miles and eat a bag of chips.

I know some people would say, but you are running X number of miles a week ... eat what you want! As much as I would love to do that, I don't feel as good when I do and running those longer distances is always easier when I'm down a few pounds. No worries - there will be splurging on occasion ... just not every night!

Any good filling/protein filled recipes out there?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I've been lurking for quite some time. I would love to know if you find a solution to your hunger. I've increased my workouts lately and feel the same way. Good luck with your training. I wish I had the guts to do a full. I'm only brave enough for halves.