Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random Tuesday

So, today started with a hard nearly-4 mile run in the neighborhood ... this was after oversleeping and not running at 5:45 AM with my girlies. Whoops. So guilt forced me out the door at 9:15 AM when it was already HOT. But, I managed 3.89 miles in under a 10 minute mile, so go me.

Funniest sight along the way ... "50 Shades of Gray Painting Company" sign in someone's yard. How much business is that guy getting!?!

Next, I went to visit a potential Showhouse location for the Junior League. Amazing, but I have been sworn to secrecy, but AMAZING including hand-forged wrought iron, elevator, murals, etc. etc.

A trip to Wally World with the girls who managed to get in and out of the cart about 1,000 times, but I was proud when there were no meltdowns over not buying miniature etch-a-sketches.

A late and much needed shower turned into someone scribbling with a green marker over all of the throw pillows on the sofa. Arrrrgh. No one fessed up, but luckily, everything came out and nearly all of the slipcovers are clean and hanging to dry around our house.

The night ended with dinner prepared by moi, a family walk around the neighborhood, a skinned knee, hydrangea picking, bathtime and bedtime.

Now, off to read Catching Fire ... I might have to download the 3rd book tonight. Squeeal!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You're reading Hunger Games!!! LOVE them!
I still want to run sometime ;)

Barefoot in the Park said...

oh my i saw that painting company sign when i was in GBO a few weeks ago at my inlaws and just giggled! i bet his business has risen recently!