Friday, March 30, 2012

MCM 26.2 ... here I come

So, I can now officially say that I have REGISTERED for the Marine Corp Marathon. I ran the Quantico 10K on St. Patrick's Day and received my golden ticket that guaranteed me an entry.

But, now ... I may be on the verge of my first real injury. Of course, I have already been using Dr. Google and doing too much self diagnosis.  When I ran on Tuesday, my toes hurt.  One of my running buddies asked if I were limping.  I had to be honest and admit, my toes/foot has been hurting for a while.

So, I did the responsible thing and booked an appointment with the Sports Medicine Doc who is on a first name basis with the majority of our local running community.  I am also planning to go back to our running store to see if perhaps my latest pair of Brooks are somehow not meshing well. I have also taken a break from running, just to see if I had tweaked something and needed a break.

So, here I sit ... reading emails about possible long runs in the morning, but replying "no" and contemplating spin classes instead.

So, anyone out there ever had bursitis, stress fractures, or neuromas?

Yes, please talk me off the bridge now, please.

1 comment:

Miche said...

Yuck! Rest now before you really start your training :)

I'm playing chicken with a pulled hamstring with daily promises to it saying I'll rest after the 10 miler this month.

Get well soon!