Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Testing, Testing ...

This morning, we were in our usual routine of guzzling coffee, helping dress children, packing lunches, a little screaming and negotiation, brushing hair and teeth, etc.

I was helping Libby get dressed when Maddy walked in the room, carrying something pink.

"Mommy, what's this?" she asked.

I looked down and said, "Well, that would be a pregnancy test."

"I like it. It's pink."

I told her to take it to Daddy.

Pause for about 10 seconds and in walked Hubby with a strange look on his face.

"Surprise!" I yelled and he may have mumbled something about an immaculate conception, but that's a post for another day.

Yes, I would be the nerd who saved my pregnancy test(s) from when I found out I was pregnant with Maddy and Libby. I promise, honey. Double pinky swear promise.

I will say that Maddy's timing is impressive. This week, four years ago, I took that exact test and was shocked and amazed to look down and see a pink plus sign.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

WHOA! You had me stunned there for a minute!

Kelly said...

haha!! that's awesome!! I would love to have seen the look on his face!
I saved mine too!!

Miche said...

LOL! I was like well isn't that interesting :)

Is Charlie doing ok now or is he lying on the floor from shock still?

Beth Dunn said...

Aw! Cute.
xoxo
SC