Sunday, January 02, 2011

Self-service

Maddy and Libby have recently discovered that they can move the stool around the kitchen to access the sink and counters. Not sure why they have just now figured it out, but it has been somewhat entertaining to watch.

For dinner tonight? Why, they served themselves bananas. Peeled them and ate about 1.5 a piece. The other night? Cherry tomatoes, right out of the bowl. I guess it could be worse. They've also learned to open the refrigerator and have been able to climb enough to reach the higher shelves. Cold macaroni and cheese, grapes, and yogurt have been their choices. Oh and they did grab spoons, too.

It also seems that they wait until I am in the middle of something else - fixing dinner, or grabbing laundry so I'm not paying full attention when they strike. I think outsmarting Mama is their daily job, too.

We have definitely hit the stage of picky eating. Yesterday, I made a pasta salad with sauteed olives, carrots, broccoli, and zucchini, with cheese. Not even one bite and both of them said "No like it." The yogurt at Panera for lunch? "No like it. Mommy eat it."

I know this is a stage and if they eat bananas for dinner, they'll be OK.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Smart girls!!
I am laughing as I picture them getting their own food! - Although I shouldn't laugh bc that could be me soon :)