Friday, January 21, 2011

Preschool

This week, our preschool held open houses so current and potential parents can go and visit the classrooms. I made my way to the 3 year old classroom and even though I know that I'm essentially looking at kids that are a full year ahead of Maddy and Libby, it is so hard to think that my babies will be ready to be in that class in the Fall.

They said the Pledge of Allegiance, actually sat still during circle time (well, most of them), they went on a letter hunt around the room and knew words that started with each of the letters. I was impressed by the teachers and really liked the actual classroom.

Sigh.

They are growing up so much. I just see so many changes and milestones ~ opinions, questions, counting, recognizing colors, reciting ABC's, more questions, sentences, sitting on the potty, helping feed the doggies, lots of "Noooo" and "I do it, I help you", pushing the kitchen stool around to fetch bananas, tomatoes, or what ever else they can find on the counter, more independent play, etc.

I shared this on Facebook, but will have to share it here. Now someone please tell me where my babies have gone.


video

1 comment:

k e r r y said...

I found a box this morning of old photos and I almost couldn't get back to work! My little babies are 9 & 11!!!!! I seriously almost called my husband to tell him we are having another baby because I so miss those days. My little bug with his chubby little cheeks and his big sister loving on him like a big sister should. Sad as sad can be I tell you. Your girls are so sweet - I know I've said this before but I love their eyes! I can't believe you are looking at pre school - didn't you just have them?