Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

My rambling Thursday thoughts ...

  • I have become slightly obsessed with making smoothies. I'm back on ol' WW, and for 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana, and 1/2 cup ice, it's only 2 points and yummy ... plus, it's dairy and fruit! Yes, I realize that it's 34 degrees outside, but I seriously want one everyday. I feel like I should be adding protein powder, or whey powder, or something to it. Do any of you use protein powder? I know it would make it a little more filling.
  • I'm trying a new Cooking Light recipe tonight ... slow cooker meatloaf . It smells really good. I'm just hoping that I didn't screw it up by using cremini mushrooms instead of shiitake.
  • Our schools have been closed for 4 days due to the snow that we had on Monday. I think everyone is a little stir crazy and ready for kiddos to get back to a normal schedule. Even Libby has been asking if she was going to get to see one of her classmates today.
  • I realize that when I'm driving the huge double-seater shopping cart at the grocery, I look very large and in charge. I promise you that I'm not trying to run you over. Yes, that is directed at you, woman in the soup aisle with the big 1980's eyeglasses.
  • My running shoes miss me, or they miss running. I've been working out nearly every day, but have only run 4 miles in the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping to change that soon.

1 comment:

Ladybug's Picnic said...

That sounds like...the tiniest smoothie ever! I am back on the ol' WW too and for 2 points I guess that's not so bad! I haven't been doing smoothies because it's just so cold here but when I do, I add whey protein powder. I use Designer Whey brand and they carry it at GNC - but online there are tons of flavors and varieties. Definitely worth a try.