Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I'll be walking

and walking, and walking some more.

It's almost time to leave for the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk for the cure and I'm still amazed that it's here.

I was scared that I couldn't meet my fundraising goal, but I did.

I was scared that I wouldn't have time to train, but I did.

I've been amazed at the generosity of friends, family, and friends who I've never met, but have gotten to know through blogging who have supported me. Whether through financial donations, or through emails and talks, I know that I will be carrying the love of many people with me and that is why I know I can walk 60 miles.

Our team has raised a collective $26,000 for breast cancer research and community programs and I am inspired by each and every member.

I'm way behind on blogging, but promise to do a big post with photos and a recap when it's all over.

I will tell you know that my PINK LL Bean duffle is almost packed and I've probably never packed more pink clothes for one weekend in my whole entire life. See you next week!

6 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Have an amazing walk!

Kim said...

Enjoy the walk! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Jessi said...

Good Luck and I hope you have an amazing time!

Kara said...

You are amazing! Good luck - you have a whole community of people cheering you on!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You'll be great, can't wait to hear all about it!

garden state prep said...

Good luck! I've always wanted to do a 3-day walk!