Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hey, is this thing on?

Yes, I'm really here ... just not here.

Life is good. I went to Portland, OR last week for a Junior League conference. Portland was great. We were able to squeeze in an epicurean walking tour of the city. If you go to Portland, please try the Pearl Bakery's fresh croissants and Hot Lip's pizza. Both were wonderful, in my book. The tour didn't take us there, but we did try VooDoo Doughnut. It's definitely a hole in the wall, but not my favorite doughnut ever. It probably is worth a visit to check out their off color menu options.

Also while I was there, I took two very scary public speaking workshops. I know they are good for me, but I don't know if they were good for my blood pressure.

So, I'm back from the trip and trying my hardest to get back on EST.

Lately, my life has been consumed with:
  • Junior League meetings
  • Work, and going through a merger
  • More Junior League work
  • Getting ready to walk 60! miles next weekend
  • Pulling out pumpkins, witches, and ghosts ... oh my!
  • Fun and adventures with two 2 year olds. The latest, a meltdown on the playground today because the swing that Libby wanted wasn't available. She had the choice to pick a new swing or go home, and when she practically threw herself on the ground, we decided to go home. I think I have officially become "that Mom" at preschool.
  • Slightly obsessing over a pair of Dansko boots.
  • A dead battery in my camera. I've heard it's cheaper to replace the camera, so I may be shopping tomorrow.
  • A desperate need to buy shoes for my children.

That is all ... I'm around and checking your blogs, just ignoring my own. I promise I'll be back.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you're back! I've missed reading your blog :)

Jules said...

Well it's about TIME!!!!! ;)