Monday, August 09, 2010

You know you're training for a half-marathon & Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure when ...

You do more laundry of running clothes than anything else.

You seriously analyze which Gu flavor tastes the best, and make sure you stock up on them.

You don't think twice about having conversations about blisters, icing, foam rollers, Body Glide, port-a-potties, chafing, or calf stretches.

6 miles doesn't seem like that long anymore.

Your favorite pre-long run dinner is something with pasta.

You give strangers your opinion of the hand held water bottles in REI, without them asking.

Your latest shoe purchase are running shoes, and not cute sandals.

You just spent $17 on socks, but if you don't get blisters, then it's all worth it.

3 comments:

LauraC said...

Hey what socks did you buy? I found the Lululemon ultimate running socks and I swear NO blisters since I started running in them. I spent $100 on socks recently just so I have enough to not have to wash them for 5 runs.

Also did I mention I am going to try to break 2:00 for the Raleigh half? Right now I am working on losing weight to make it easier for me to run that pace. Sucks to give up my precious bratwurst and margaritas :(

Together We Save said...

Wow - I am impressed!! I am so out of shape!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Phew - sounds tiring but like you are really doing a great job training!