Tuesday, June 08, 2010

This one never made my list

I worked from home today and after our sitter left, I put the girls down for their afternoon nap.

I proceeded to eat lunch and get ready to do a little more work, when I heard a lot of chattering and asking "where paci go?" over the monitor. I decided to go back upstairs and hopefully solve any problems and get them settled back down.

I did paci distribution, two diaper changes, more kisses, and wishes of sweet dreams.

I went back downstairs and did some work, but kept hearing chatter every now and then over the monitor. I decided not to go back upstairs, because I figured they would quiet down and I would just make it worse.

About two hours after they normally go down, I could still hear someone moving around so I decided to go inspect.

I was shocked at what I saw next.

Two totally naked babies who had thrown all of their clothes, diapers, blankies and books into the floor. The funniest thing was that Maddy was wide awake (with a puddle in her crib), while Libby was sound asleep, snoozing with her bum up in the air.

I really wish I would have grabbed my camera, but I was in such shock, I really didn't know what to do first. Needless to say, sleepsacks at naptime are going to have to be reinforced. Yes, they make them big enough for 2 year olds (and even older.)

So, if the 3's are supposed to be the new 2's, then what are the 2's? Causation for early afternoon drinking?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

If you want to avoid the sleep sacks, you could also put diapers on backwards with duct tape. I've seen it's mostly a phase, the whole undressing thing. Or footed zipper pjs with the feet cut out (or find some with no feet) put on backwards also works!

Bella Michelle said...

LOL! I can just see that scene!