Thursday, June 03, 2010

On my list

Has anyone read the New York Times article of the new book, "Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man?"

I was intrigued by just reading the article and can't wait until it releases next month. It almost feels wrong to want to read a story about someone spiraling out of control, but I am fascinated by taking a look into Bill Clegg's life. I loved "A Million Little Pieces" too, and I don't care whether it was real, or embellished.

What are you reading this summer?

3 comments:

LauraC said...

That book does sound intriguing! If you like those kinds of memoirs, have you read Dry?

Let's see:

* I just finished Drop City (LOVE! but I loved it the first time I read it and I am a huge TC Boyle fanatic)
* I also read One Fifth Avenue as a good plane book. Wish I had read it on the beach.
* Just reserved Beautiful Boy, inspired by Mama Pundit to pick it up
*Am currently reading Skeletons at the Feast

On my summer reading list:
One and the Same (isn't it on every twin parent's bookshelf?)
Jane Slayre
Chronic City
Her Fearful Symmetry
The 4 Hour Workweek

Kelly said...

The next book on my list is The Help. I have heard so many good things and can't wait to read it!
Others on my list:
The new Janet Evanovich Book
The new Women's Murder Club by James Patterson and a few David Baldacci!

Emily said...

right now, i'm reading "game change" and have emily giffin's new book on my list. Have you read her books? I love her. we just read "The Help" for bookclub. put it on your list!