Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Midnight Mayhem

Well, it was actually 2 AM mayhem ...

I awoke last night to the sound of Zoe barking. Not her loud, someone's at the front door bark, but short barks that didn't stop. I stumbled out of bed to find her standing in the living room. I was actually worried that maybe our house was on fire and she was actually telling us to get out.

Then, I find Hubby sweeping the floor and noticed that our garbage was all over the floor. Apparently, she and Zeus were having a little midnight snack in our trash can. Gross. This is when I wish we had a compost pile and I didn't have gross things like banana peels, coffee grounds, pineapple rind, avocado peels, and egg shells in my trash. Guess who's mopping for the 3rd time this week?

No idea why she was barking unless she was just mad that Hubby was cleaning up her mess. He let them out in case they needed to do their business and we all tried to go back to sleep.

That's when Maddy woke up, but luckily it was short lived. After tossing and turning for about an hour, I finally fell asleep. When my alarm went off at 5AM so I could go on a run, I promptly turned that sucker off to catch more zzzz's.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

what a night! I had to go back and read bc I thought you said "hubby was sleeping on the floor" ha!