Tuesday, May 11, 2010

That's my girl ...

It was "strawberry day" at our local Farmer's Market on Saturday, so we came home with over a gallon of fresh berries. As much as we love to eat them, I knew I had a few too many so I decided to make some strawberry bread instead of freezing them.


The recipe made two loaves so I took one to Maddy and Libby's school for the teachers and other students to enjoy at snack time. Well, I ended up with half the loaf leftover at the end of the day, so I put it on the counter with the other loaf.


When I came home from work, the girls had just woken up from their nap. Maddy was still a little sleepy and grumpy, so I was giving her a little snuggle time and Libby was standing in the kitchen.


I looked over and saw a sight that I never expected to see.


Libby had pulled the loaf of bread off the counter, unwrapped it, and proceeded to chow down. I promise that we do feed her!


I had to laugh and I also had to take a photo. I'm used to our dog's doing this, but I wasn't quite ready for my children. Oh, and no idea why her shirt was off. Lately, they have been in a routine of removing clothing whenever possible. It makes for fun mornings!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

that is so funny...my two get that way at times...I honestly think they could eat the entire house if we let them.

The bread looks yummy, I have bookmarked the receipe and will try it soon! Thanks!!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

That is just too cute! That strawberry bread sounds so yummy! I am going to have to try it.

KatiePerk said...

Adorable!! Sometimes you just need a whole chunk of strawberry bread!

LauraC said...

This is so cute!!

Kelly said...

That's to cute!!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

haha...mary margaret did that last week with my SWEET TEA (it was from mcdonalds and had a top on it)...she was walking around the kitchen sipping on my tea and i was like, 'WHAT?!'
silly kids! :-)