Monday, May 17, 2010

Long day

I knew it was going to be a long day when I was woken up from a dead sleep at 11PM, around 3AM, and again around 5AM.

First time was Libby who lost her paci's. I need to figure out if we're really giving our paci's away next month. Gulp. I said this was going to happen at age 2. Now guess who's becoming a big ol wimp?

Second time was Maddy. She had a fever when she woke up from her nap on Sunday afternoon and she was warm again. A quick temperature check confirmed 102 in the ear, so Motrin and some rocking with Dad was in order.

Third time was Maddy again who had lost her paci's. Common theme around here.

So now it's 8:20 AM and everyone in the house is snoozing except for me.

Needless to say, I'm taking my first "sick" day at work and I've only been there a month. I'm keeping both girls home from school even though Libby wasn't showing any symptoms. So far. I'm wondering what her forehead is going to feel like when she finally wakes up.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

COFFEE!!! Hope they (and you!) feel better :)
I walked up and down both avondales but, for the life of me, couldn't figure out which one was your house!!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Good for you for taking a sick day. It's tough to get going the next day when you have to keep getting up in the night.

Hope Maddy is feeling better!

Goddess in Progress said...

Blech, I hope you all feel better soon!

The whole "broken" think helped us get rid of pacis. If they don't break on their own, give 'em a snip. Then let the girls see them, make a big fuss, and let them throw them away.

Honestly, I actually think Rebecca slept a lot better after we got rid of it. She went through a few days of getting up earlier than normal (when she might have been waking up and getting her paci back), but otherwise I think there were fewer middle-of-the-night interruptions.