Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite childhood books

Kelly's Korner is doing a post about your favorite childhood books. I have always been a huge reader and my Mom took me to the library every week to check out books. I was also that geeky kid who was on a team for "Battle of the Books" and I correctly answered the question for our team to win the competition. The question was "What was the main character's name in Sounder?" and the answer was "He was never named and always referred to as "the boy." I will always remember reading as one of my favorite past times. It still is, but my time is a little more limited these days.



So, here are a few of my childhood favorites ...


Good Night Moon


The Country Bunny and the Golden Slippers


Amelia Bedelia


Anything by Richard Scarry


Mr. Willoughby's Christmas Tree


Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs


Where the Wild Things Are


Anything by Judy Blume


Ramona Quimby, Age 8.


The Velveteen Rabbit


Harry the Dirty Dog

No Roses for Harry

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Bridge to Terabithia

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Where the Red Fern Grows

I could go on and on, and on.

1 comment:

Farrell and Lauren said...

Angelina Ballerina! Even though I wasn't a very girly girl.