Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Work it.

Well, I was beginning to think that it really couldn't happen, but I have somehow found a part-time job that:


a) is legit

b) doesn't involve selling Avon

c) offers the flexibility that I wanted


I will say that I had become a little more than frustrated about the variety of marketing positions that I was finding or hearing about. I kept turning up entry level positions, or those "work from home" jobs that involve you paying someone to work. Hmmm, that just doesn't add up.

Through a little networking, I was able to land with a great company that really seems to believe that family comes first. I'll handle the marketing for the company, and also do some project management work, too. It's the perfect combination and better yet, it's part-time. Some hours in the office (which is really cool) and some at home.

So, I have a little over a week until my days of being a 9 to fiver, or a 9 to three-thirtier and I'm looking forward to it.

7 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

How exciting! Congrats!

J said...

That is so great! Congrats!

KatiePerk said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So great to hear! I've love to find a job that meets your exact requirements. Hope it all works out well.

Jillian, Inc said...

Sounds perfect! Congrats!

LauraC said...

That is awesome! I am hoping to go part-time when the boys enter school!

Jules said...

woot. who for?