Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter

I don't know how they do it, but it does seem that dogwood trees always bloom at Easter ... whether Easter falls early or late in the year. I've always loved these trees since I was a little girl. My parents had trees with pink and white blooms at both houses where we lived.

We were thrilled to see that our home also has several white trees throughout our front and back yard.

I remember looking at these after a visit to Sunday School where they taught us that the blooms also represent the crucifixion of Christ and I would always look for those little marks on each end of the bloom. Sure enough, they are always there.

I sometimes have to wonder if they bloom at the "right" time because that big guy upstairs is in charge.

2 comments:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

ours bloomed overnight while we were gone to charlotte. i couldn't believe it when i got home last night! :-)

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

The big guy upstairs plans all of that and so much more...everything! :)