Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bad blogger, bad!

I have been a slack as of lately ... did you miss me!?

So, I survived my first trail half-marathon. I had to hide the camera cord from Maddy and Libby, so as soon as I remember where I hid it, I'll try to get a few photos up.

I did manage to remain vertical, and have fun, but it was hard. Oh, and that rain forecast? We had rain overnight and rain that morning so the trails were super muddy. We lucked out that it wasn't raining during the run, but the very first part and last part were pure sludge. At one point, I really thought I would lose a shoe in the mud.

I definitely didn't win any records, but I wasn't DFL (dead freakin' last.) I may have been 20 people away from being last, but I wasn't last.

Other than that, I've just getting into the groove of work, having fun shopping at our local farmer's market (eggs, granola, goat cheese, peonies, and gobs of strawberries), and lots of outside time with Maddy and Libby.

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats on the race!