Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Spring

I know it's not technically here, but with a 70 degree day, it did feel like it.

I ran 4 miles around the neighborhood in shorts and a tee. I haven't done that in many months with the exception of on the treadmill and that doesn't count. It was actually hot and I came home pretty sweaty and flushed. Lovely, eh? But it felt so nice not to be bundled up in gloves, hats, earmuffs, fleecy vests, under armour shirts, etc.

So, the NC Marathon (and half marathon that I'm running) is in less than 2 weeks! Hopefully this will be my 1st of 5 half marathons that I would like to do this year. We'll see what happens. I'm not setting that goal in stone, but it's a nice thought and actually pretty do-able since we have several that I would be able to complete here without traveling.

It feels good to be in the "love" side of my sometimes love/hate relationship with running. (knocking on wood). I used to sometimes struggle to even be motivated to go for a run, but now I typically look forward to them. I know I'm not going out to win the race, but I am confident that I can finish, feel good, and have fun.

3 comments:

Northern Girl Southern Living said...

I'm excited to hear how your first half marathon goes! I'm trying to get back into running but it is very difficult!

J said...

Isn't the first run in shorts the best? I have run in shorts outside twice now and it is so much more enjoyable than running inside or all bundled up!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Sounds like you're doing great!

How's your mom?