Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Really random Tuesday

  • I sampled some really good Derby sage cheese last night. Great flavor and texture. It's British and if you find any, I highly recommend it.
  • Homemade sourdough bread makes my girls very happy. Same as their Mama.
  • It's frustrating when your oil heat goes out while it's still winter. We thought there was a problem with the switch, but it turns out that we burned through 200 gallons of oil since November. That same amount lasted us almost 18 months before. What is even more frustrating is when the guy comes to fill it and doesn't check the pilot light. Now, they are having to come back out to relight it to the tune of $50.

3 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh that bread sounds delish! I have all of the ingredients and the recipe for some homemade sandwich bread and I just need to give it a go.

Sarah Wyland said...

Been there with the oil company - or at least my mom has! They always seem to rather conveniently forget about that pilot light, don't they?

Preppy Pitbull said...

I'm so jealous you only go through 200 gallons of oil a winter, we go through almost that much each month! The pilot light thing is annoying too, we had that happen last winter and boy was that a cold couple of days!