Saturday, March 20, 2010

Race Update

Right after I finished. Can I hold or wear one more gadget or piece of gear?

Whoo to the hoo, as one of my running buddies would say ... a new PR for me at 2:13:56. I did this same race last year and shaved 9 minutes off my time. There were plenty of hills to keep me honest, but I just felt good and went for it.


With my running buddy MM, after the race.

Our dynamic trio + one, well + two. We all ran the Virginia Beach half last summer. ET has temporarily gone on to better things right now ... making a cute baby, and I'm living vicariously through her instead of having more of my own.

Once I got to mile 10, I realized that I was way ahead of my 2:25 pace band, so I pulled out the 2:20 pace band, and realized that I was still ahead. That's when I got a little scared. Then I came up on and later passed the "fast" woman in our running club. Then I was a lot scared, but I did it!


Now, if my children will ever fall asleep, a shower and nap are in my future. I am really wishing that I had a hammock, but possibly a nap with the windows open will have to work.


It was great to have a wonderful running buddy and see our other running buddy who volunteered on the course today. Plus, the support of about 20 other ladies in our group who would always give you a smile and a "good job" when we saw each other on the course. I couldn't do this if it weren't for the support of all of them, and also Hubby, Maddy & Libby.


My support crew. Does it look like Libby is flashing gang symbols?


Hubby's "PR, PR, PR" chant this morning must have worked and knowing that I have people excited to see me finish is a great feeling while pounding away 13.1 miles!

11 comments:

J said...

Wow, congrats on the PR and a great race!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i've been thinking about you this morning. GREAT job!

KatiePerk said...

Way to go!! That is awesome!

mak'n Changes said...

OH my GOSH! thats wonderful! Yay for you!

cindie

Sarah Wyland said...

Congrats on a new personal best! I want to become a runner. But apparently lack the desire. :)

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Congrats! Great job!

Jillian, Inc said...

Way to go! You look great!

Emily said...

Congrats on the PR! You totally rocked it.

LauraC said...

CONGRATULATIONS! A PR and so much support, awesome. Enjoy every minute of relaxation today!

Kim said...

Congrats! What an acomplishment!

Heather said...

Congratulations!