Saturday, March 20, 2010

My bags are packed ...


and I'm ready to go! I'm up early to eat some oatmeal with a banana and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

I'll be running my 5th half marathon later this morning. We have ended up with a gorgeous day (sun and high of 78 degrees). It should be in the 50's when we are running which will feel just about perfect, I hope.

A few things that I don't run without ...


  • My Fuel Belt water bottle. Packed inside are my GU Chomps.
  • For long runs, Glide. No real explanation needed, but it definitely helps prevent chafing.
  • Inhaler. Ugh, but necessary.
  • For races, my race number that is now pinned onto my shirt, oh, and my beer ticket for after the race.
  • Our handy dandy race pace bands. I made two different times for my running buddy & I. One a little slower and one a little faster. We'll see how we feel and decide.
  • I'm rolling that Biofreeze all over my neck. I won't smell pretty, but I still have a slight twinge to my neck and that should solve the problem.

Wish me luck everyone and I'll hopefully report back this afternoon!

Oh, and wish some luck to Hubby and my running buddy's Hubby who will be keeping up with two sets of twins, and a 4-year-old while they wait for us to finish! That may be harder than running this race.

7 comments:

Miche said...

Rock on! You have already started at this point but I know you guys will all do awesome!

Kelly said...

Good Luck!!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

woo-hoo!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

LauraC said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

KatiePerk said...

You can do it!! Good luck!!

J said...

You must be almost done right now! I can't wait to hear how it went.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I'm sure you'll rock it - good luck!