Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Where is the sun?

I really need the sun to come out and for the rain/sleet/snow to go away so I can get back to running outside and not at the gym.

Tonight at the gym, on the treadmill, this girl was skipping and bounding on the treadmill. I've done this type of workout in the park, but not on a treadmill with someone three feet away from you.

Unfortunately, we are supposed to get hit with another weather system by the weekend. I know everyone in the North just laughs at us, but the South is just not equipped to deal with snow. Schools closed early on Friday and one flake hadn't hit the ground and the schools are closed again tomorrow.
Oh, and M&L's Mother's Morning Out operates on the school system closings, so they haven't been all week. So, I definitely have to figure out a fun outing tomorrow for them ... one where they can run and play and use some of their energy. I think I'll get brave and take them to the Children's Museum on my own and hope that they don't run off in two separate directions.

So, here's wishing that I won't have the need for those little child leashes tomorrow.

1 comment:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Here's hoping the sun comes out for you soon. I am so tired of winter already!