Monday, February 01, 2010

Thinking about ...

  • Wondering if my Multi Vites gummy vitamins are really vitamins or if they are just gummy bears of sorts. I picked these up when I was tired of choking down a big horse pill'ish vitamin, but I really wonder if they are doing anything vitamin-wise. But they do taste pretty good!
  • Does anyone else have a hotel room coffee aversion? I traveled this weekend to a conference and my roommate made coffee one morning. I've always called it bathroom coffee and I think I don't like the fact that you have to make it with water out of the bathroom sink. Also, the powdered creamer just grosses me out a bit. Even though I had to pay a ridiculous amount for a cup of coffee in the hotel cafe, I'm convinced it was worth the money.
  • I visited the land of butter, Savannah, GA, but didn't take the pilgrimage to Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady & Sons. We tried to go twice. Once they were closed, and the second time they had over a two hour wait. From the reviews I've heard, I don't know if I'm really missing out on much, but I did hear that her gooey butter cake is something not to be missed. Any reviews?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope those vitamins are good! I sent a bunch to my daughter at school because she said the regular ones were making her feel nauseated.

I will not drink hotel room coffee either because of the powdered creamer. Plus they usually use Folgers and I guess I'm snobby enough that I don't like the taste.

Having never eaten at her restaurant, I cannot give a review. But she has shared her recipe for Gooey Butter Cake with FoodNetwork. I didn't like it at all!

The Ross Family said...

I went to Lady & Sons 3 years ago. It was so good! We made reservations at least a month ahead of time though. If you ever go back to Savannah, I'd try to make a reservation and go. The food is worth it :)

Jules said...

our peds mentioned that the gummie vites aren't the best option...but better than nothing...not sure if it the same for adults too.

k e r r y said...

I can't take the big vitamins either and that's what I bought too... I sure hope they are doing me some good! How many do you take?