Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Habits

I have a bad habit of removing my shoes when I'm at home. I guess this isn't really the bad habit part. It's the part where I end up with 5 pair of shoes in our family room, or on our bedroom floor, and not neatly placed in the closet like they should be.



Maddy and Libby do love this, because they try to wear some of my shoes so I just look at it as added entertainment.



I picked up 4 (!) pair of shoes yesterday and laughed at the range of difference in all of them. I'm wondering what they say about me.



Exhibit A.



1.) One pair of ballet flats. They are Dr. Scholl's so could this mean cute, but sensible?

2.) One pair of my sh*t-kicker Nine West boots as Hubby calls them. Mainly worn with skirts or jeans and not worn that often. Is this my wild side?

3.) My Brooks running shoes that I love. These are almost at the point of retirement, but I'm trying to get a few more miles out of them. I use my running shoes for running, so they are a necessity.

4.) My Dansko clogs. Another favorite of mine. I really wish I had the clog with the enclosed back. These have to be the most comfortable shoes I own. One word: practical.

Ever thought about what your shoes say about you? I think the above is a pretty fair look at all my winter shoes with possibly a pair of pointy toed flats that aren't pictured.

6 comments:

suburban prep said...

Your picture could have been in my house. I have two or three flats (loafers or mules) a pair of gym shoes, and always clogs. I have a pair of wellies in the garage (do not want the melted snow all over the kitchen floor). I have a bunch of shoes upstairs in the closet but many are Summer shoes and well more flats and loafers and gym shoes.

Northern Girl Southern Living said...

I do that all the time too. I end up tripping over them all over my apartment. I don't have room for them all on my shoe rack anyways :)

Barefoot in the Park said...

oh i live in my dr. schols flats. so comfy yet still styling!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

sister, i do the same thing! ...and so does cooper. walk in our door and it's like a shoe museum around here. gah!

Natalie said...

I hate shoes & try to wear them as little as possible. Matter of fact, no one in my house likes wearing shoes which is why we have a basket when you walk to collect everyone's as they take them off.

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I'm dying! ...because it is EXACTLY what I do at my house!!

I leave my shoes at the door (coincidentally had a pair of tall "sh*t kicker boots there yesterday), my toddler grabs them, puts them on and walks around the kitchen yelling "Momma Shooo"!

Then when I clean up the house, I pick up no less than 5 pair!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does this!!! :) Great post!