Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tipping Point

Since I put off buying diapers yesterday, I knew I had to go today. Maddy and Libby had their 18 month checkup this morning and we unfortunately discovered that they both had ear infections. Double yuck, since Maddy just had one a few weeks ago. But everything else was great and surprisingly, even Maddy is back on the charts. Maddy weighed in at 21 lbs, 3 oz. and Libby was 22 lbs, 11 oz. Maddy was 30.5 inches and Libby 30 3/4 inches.

So, off to Target to pick up prescriptions and diapers.

I was unable to find one of their double shopping carts in the parking lot, so I took them in the stroller. If you've ever tried to push a double stroller and carry two boxes of diapers and a box of wipes, I can tell you that it's nearly impossible. Believe me, I've tried. Yes, I buy two kinds - Target brand for day and Pampers for night. The Target brand are much cheaper and work fine, but just not for overnight. The stroller has a great basket underneath the seats that works great for smaller items, but unfortunately, large boxes don't fit.

When I paid for the prescriptions, I asked if I could go ahead and buy the diapers and also asked if she had large bags. I hung the diapers and wipes over the handles of the stroller and headed out to the parking lot.

I pulled Maddy out of the stroller, and suddenly the stroller flipped back because of the extra weight of the wipes and diapers. Poor Libby was just looking up at me with an expression like, "What the hell just happened?" I pulled the bags off and got the stroller back to an upright position. I'm sure whoever saw me in the parking lot thought I had lost it.

So my safety warning for the day: If you think the box of wipes weighs more than your daughter, don't hang them from the back of your stroller. Unless you want the other daughter to go on a really fun ride!

9 comments:

KatieSPerk said...

You poor thing! I bet that was difficult. But it made me laugh!

LauraC said...

I have done that without kids in the stroller but never with them in it! hilarious!

PS. I ordered new running pants from Title 9, their Moving Comfort ones and I'm in LOVE. They are as great as my 9 year old ones that are still going! And OF COURSE Title 9 does not sell them anymore.

I think this is it:
http://www.movingcomfort.com/dyn_prod.php?p=300020

Suburban Princess said...

OMG I had this happen one! It was my mom of the year moment! I didnt feel so bad when a friend did the same thing to her child a few weeks later!

Sarah said...

I have a pretty funny mental picture of this, so at least thanks for that :) ...even if it's at your expense!

Sarah Wyland said...

Since Libby is okay, I guess it's okay for us to laugh! Thanks for the smiles. Hope the girls' ears are doing better!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i do that EVERY time i take mary margaret shopping! i load the maclaren down w/too many bags on the handles.
and oh, i love target diapers. and i use pampers overnights (or huggies overnights) too!

Emily said...

I'm sorry I laughed too. I can imagine Libby looking at you with her "WTH MOM?" face.

sorry about the ear infections!

Jamie said...

Oh my...I read this outloud to my husband, and he said, "that totally sounds like something we would do!" I am in total agreement, we live day by day knowing we are going to get some part of the day wrong. I am glad she is ok from the fall.
We totally understand the ear problems...we just got tubes on Monday...for both kids and both ears. YUCK!!!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

I laughed OUTLOUD when I read about poor Libby giving you that WTH look? I could just visualize it. Had it been Maddy (and she was talking) she would've said , 'again, again!'. !!!