Monday, January 04, 2010

Random Monday Musings

This looks incredibly wonderful. Not that I need another kitchen gadget and I especially don't need one that makes pancakes filled with something yummy inside, but don't you want one?
Thank you note writing. I do it every year, but I feel like few reciprocate with me. Is it a lost art? Do you still write thank you notes? I can honestly remember my Mom making me sit down and write them before I was allowed to wear the clothes/play with the toy/spend the money that I had received as a gift. It is a little easier when you have cute new cards like these to use. Thank you, K. and don't worry ... your card will be in the mail tomorrow!Did I show you my $1.27 sofa table? JCP may be my new favorite store. I had to return a chair slipcover because the zipper was broken. I didn't mention that Hubby tried to use pliers to close the zipper, but just the fact that it was broken. Whoops. Anyway, they ended up giving me credit for the exchange, because it was on sale. Then the ottoman slipcover had a spot, so they gave me another credit, but couldn't replace it because it was out of stock. Long story short, I was able to purchase this table for under $2 and spent our credit on it. Not bad. It has 2 storage baskets and fits in well with the rest of our furniture. Those baskets are now filled with bristle blocks and typically get pushed out of the way in 2.4 seconds upon a toddler entering the room.

8 comments:

Suz said...

cool table - I love "free" money like that!

EmilyB said...

Wow. $1.27 is unbelievable! I was looking at JCP's site this weekend, and am planning to head there after work today. Their furniture and home stuff is really great, and priced oh-so-nicely (though not quite as nice as $1.27 you lucky girl!!)

Kara said...

I'm so with you on the thank you notes. My mother did the same thing. My grandmother recently decided to stop sending checks to my cousins who never wrote thank you notes - I honestly don't blame her. Happy New Year to you!

LauraC said...

One of my friends has that pancake pan and she fills them with nutella!

Hey do you get your blog comments emailed to you? It should contain my email address...

Jamie said...

Thank you notes are a must...cute thank you notes to write then on...even more of a MUST!!!

Love the table...bought a couple pieces if furniture from JCP and have been very satisified. Love your table...

Mrs.Preppy said...

I got that pancake pan for Christmas. I have only tried them once so far, but really liked it. They are small, bite sized treats that can be sweet or savory.

k e r r y said...

oh yes - I've looked at the pancake pan before - they look so good!

Jules said...

i need that same table...email me the info/product #, etc