Friday, January 29, 2010

Observations at the gym

1. When it's near 6PM and you see that the parking lot is packed with cars, why do you either bother going to the big lot? Just go to the smaller lot that will cause you to walk a few more steps because circling the parking lot like a shark isn't going to make a parking spot appear any quicker. Oh, and after all ... aren't you at the gym to get a little exercise?

2. There were quite a few "extreme" runners there tonight. When I say extreme, I mean they had the treadmill cranked to the point that I thought they might fly off the back. I don't know if it was some kind of interval training, but the guy by me kept doing this off and on, for about 5 minutes at a time.

3. If you plan on walking on the treadmill, it might be wise to bring a pair of pants that are a), not too large and b) not too long. When you have to stop and roll up your sweatpants, then pull on them every few minutes, it usually makes for an awkward stint on the treadmill. Oh, and while you're at it, put your hat on straight. Did I just sound like a Grandpa or what?

I promise that I really try to go to the gym, do my workout, and get out of there. I'm really not checking people out that closely, but why do I always find myself trapped by people like #2 and #3? I forgot to mention my guy from last week who was "boxing" while running on the treadmill. Cue the Rocky music now ...

2 comments:

Sarah Wyland said...

It's okay - I go to the gym to workout but end up with all kinds of observations to share! Don't you love those extreme runners?

Sarah said...

I love that you're posting every day :)