Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ...

Since I write about Target nearly every week, I thought I would share another story with you.

I went through their shoe aisle the other day and noticed what from a distance looked like a pair of gold Bonnano sandals! I knew this was obviously too good to be true, but I still checked them out and took out my phone to take a picture.
They are the Merona brand and retail for $19.99.

At first, I didn't know how I felt ... it was as if they had ripped off the Bonanno sandal completely. But, I'm sure that every top designer's styles end up on all of the mass retailers shelves at some point. To me it would be worse if these were on a street corner in Palm Beach trying to be passed off as the real thing.

So, don't be surprised if you suddenly see an increase in gold "Bonnano" wearing ladies in your city this summer. And, just to set the record straight, you cannot beat the handmade, classic beauties of the real Bonnanos and I'm sure that these are nowhere near the quality of the original. My Bonnanos are by far the most comfortable sandal I own and they can literally be paired with almost anything. I'm always excited for the first warm days when I can unpack them for another season.

7 comments:

Miss Preppy in Pearls said...

I saw these the other night and was just about to do a post on them! As much as I love Target, they've gotten in trouble before for copying something so closely. It'll be interesting to see if that happens with these.

Farrell and Lauren said...

I wonder how well those will sell at Target. Reminds me I need some new sandals for the spring though : )

lisagh said...

I'm crying a little bit inside. So sad :(

Suburban Princess said...

Wow they look too close to the original - I suspect a lawsuit is in their future!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

A pair of monogrammed, white Bonannos are high on my must have list - someday!

Jules said...

wow! They DO look just like them!

Vivian said...

OMG! LOL

Vivian
Stephen Bonanno Sandals